An investment group including Tiger Woods and Justin Timberlake—pictured here on the set of “Stay with Me” with Halsey, Pharrell, and Calvin Harris—is planning to develop 600 acres in the equestrian community of Wellington.
The proposed development, called The Wellington, includes doubling the size of the Wellington International equestrian showgrounds, plus other amenities to round out the development, including:
- A 16-acre park and lake
- Hundreds of acres of trails and nature preserves
- A world-class racquet sports center, plus 35 tennis, paddle, and pickleball courts
- An expansive 120,000 square-foot fitness and wellness center
- Four swimming pools
- Children’s indoor and outdoor facilities
- 17 acres of offices, shops, and restaurants
- Single-family custom homes and condominiums
Sites for custom builds will range from a quarter acre to five-acre lot, with prices starting at $3 million. The proposal by The Nexus Luxury Group—founded by the two stars along with Joe Lewis of Albany in the Bahamas and local entrepreneur Mark Bellissimo—is still subject to approval by the Village of Wellington.
The group is forging ahead, however, with plans to reportedly start updating the area’s 18-hole Cypress Golf Course as soon as next month. “We have a real opportunity to redefine what full time living is for families in South Florida,” Nexus CEO and managing partner Christopher Anand told Bloomberg.